Simply put, home health care offers health and social services delivered to a patient’s home. We specialize in aiding those who may be recovering, disabled, diagnosed with a new illness or are chronically ill. We help patients to rehabilitate after a setback in their health and we educate them to help manage their symptoms so they can live more independent lives. In addition to offering skilled health care, therapy services and social services we help patients with the essential activities of daily living.
Home health care is appropriate when a person prefers to be at home but needs skilled care in lieu of an outpatient setting. Patients may be recovering from a stroke or surgery or need help managing chronic conditions such as heart disease, pulmonary disease and diabetes. We carry out your physician’s orders specific to your particular needs, all in the comfort and safety of home. Our supportive staff schedules their visits around you and educates you and/or your caregiver to better manage your symptoms and regain your independence.
Who is eligible for home health care?
Those eligible for home health services are:
- in need of skilled care;
- in need of therapeutic care such as physical or occupational therapy;
- seniors who wish to regain independent living and receive services in their home;
- have fallen or are at risk for falls;
- those diagnosed with a new illness;
- those who have recently been hospitalized;
- under the care of a physician and certified as homebound by their physician